Friday 6 January 2012

The beginning ...

and where do I start?

Well, I'll keep it simple. I have been creating all kinds of things for as long as I can remember. I come alive when I have a paintbrush or a pencil in my hand, I sew my own clothes, I make mosaics, and generally have more ideas in my head than I have time to realize them. And a few years ago I discovered a wealth of information on the internet which gives me even more inspiration and less time to do it.

And now I just want to share. Share my trials and errors with like-minded people, discuss new techniques, inspire others and get inspired. Because I have learned so much from other bloggers, people who are kind enough to post tutorials for people like me, who share their inspiration and their art, people who introduced me to a whole new online community of creative souls.

Because a new year just started, I also made myself a promise: to make more time for what I enjoy doing. And starting a blog might help with that. Because if I want to post something, I first have to make it, right?

And last but not least: I find that in the past I've sometimes tried out techniques that I want to use now but I simply can't remember how I did it. That seems like such a waste. So I'm also going to use this blog to try out new techniques and at the same time document how I did it.

That's it! Just one more note: my mother language is Dutch, but since I want to communicate with as many people as possible I'll write in English. I always hate it when I find an interesting blog and I don't understand a word of what's written. So I may make mistakes in my English, feel free to correct me if necessary. I won't be offended ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !