Tuesday 17 January 2012

Playing with watercolours

Up until now, I've mainly used acrylics in my paintings. Thanks to the workshop with Traci Bautista I'm starting to experiment with watercolours, and I must admit I like the transparancy and fluid lines. I still have a lot to learn, but for now it's just fun playing with colours and trying out different things.

And me being me, I cannot just splash colours and leave it like that, I have to make a drawing on top of it.
It started out like this:


and it ended up like this:

I'm not happy with her hair, but once it's on there you can't get it off again. At least I wouldn't know how to. That's the downside of watercolours. With acrylics you can just keep going over it until you're satisfied.

Oh well, it's all practice and play, and I promised myself to put everything on my blog, also the things I'm not so happy about, or the projects where I'm stuck. There just might be someone out there who can give me a hint ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I love her hair! I wish I knew how to do hair, it's one of my biggest weaknesses when it comes to drawing faces.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !