Wednesday 16 May 2012

Day 16: miniature-painting

Finished another mini-painting on a 10x10cm canvas. Went a bit overboard with the eye-lashes, but hey, that's what you get when you do a workshop with Adriana ;-)

Done with gesso, watercolor pencils and acrylics:


I have almost looked at all the faces!! Very time-consuming, but so interesting to see how everybody is doing with the challenge. I've picked up so many ideas already. I accidently stumbled upon Tam's blog from Willowing. She's also participating in 29 faces, although I don't think her link is up on Ayala's blog. Anyway, since she has 2 little boys and therefore not much time, she limits herself to making a face in 15 minutes. And Tam being Tam, she made a video of it. Since I'm not sure how to put a video on my blog, and I don't have time to find out now, I'll just give the link of the page on Tam's blog so you can see for yourself. It's very interesting for those days that you don't have much time to finish a face. Have to try it out one of these days ...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! It lifts my spirit!

See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. She is a darling Denthe... soft and sweet... love the eyelashes... and the words too...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sentiment on this one, Denthe. How true - way too often. I made a video of my faces from the first challenge. When you visit my blog again, I have a link to my YouTube channel on the sidebar if you didn't get to see it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's wonderful and I love her wild eyelashes!

    And thanks for sharing Tam's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adriana teaches you to make those gorgeous eyelashes...hummm I better take her class because your girl has the best eyelashes I have ever seen. They are not easy to do.

    I love the quote...Sadly it reminded me of when my daughter was a child and she wanted to play but I was busy working. I used to have to remind myself that she'd only be a child once.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful face and long lashes,love them! Great quote too Denthe, very true!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !