Friday 29 June 2012

Artists that inspire me: Svetlana Tiourina

Svetlana is a Russian artist who lives and works in Amsterdam.

I discovered her a few years ago, and fell in love with her beautiful paintings.

I love the movement in her work, and the emotion that radiates from it

and the expressive faces ...


I don't know what it is with Russian artists, but a lot of my favorite artists happen to be Russian ....






Hope you like her as well! 

I had planned this week to make a business-plan and finish my Facebook-page. Alas, didn't do it ... I read a lot about it though, so I should have all the information I need when I do find the time to start.

Instead, I have been doing a lot of art this week. A lady from the Netherlands contacted me about 2 painted boxes I had on my website. They are sold, but she wanted me to make new ones for her. So that's what I've been doing. I discovered it's not so easy to replicate something I've done before. The boxes I paint, I always draw straight on the box, which means I don't have sketches that I can use again. I tried for hours to get it as close to the original as I could, but I'm still not satisfied. When I show it to my family they say it looks the same, but I can see exactly where it's not the same .... I've painted part of it already, but I might go over it again.

Here's my table with works in progress:


That's it for now. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving those wonderful comments! I try to get back to you all in the next few days!

Hope you all have a lovely, restful weekend!
hugs, x


7 comments:

  1. Love the Russian artist too! Your boxes are great ...she'll be happy with them ! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love her too Denthe... her art is amazing... I am so loving your inspiring artists feature... thank you for sharing... and from the look of your table... you have been busy... and yes I know... it is so hard to replicate your work... there is always something different about it...

    Happy weekend...
    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the artist - her paintings are beautiful - thanks for sharing, hope the boxes go well - wouldn't mind one of them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, a wonderful artist behind this wonderful art! :)

    Lovely day 2u! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! I adore those bottom 4 paintings. They're very Klimt like in their gracefulness. Just beautiful! Your boxes are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I love her art too!! Her paintings are very expressiv and feminin! WONDERFUL! Thank you for sharing her work with us!! Love to see your progress with your great boxes :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Svetlana work. Thanks for introducing her to us. I loved the boxes too. I'm willing to bet that your customer won't be able to find the differences that you see. If she does notice, they are originals in a series. She'll love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !