Wednesday 21 August 2013

Artists that inspire me: Vassia Alaykova

Vassia, who lives and works in Boston, USA, held her first exhibition when she was only 14 years old.

She fell in love with painting and performance arts at the early age of ten, and went on to study fine arts and graphic design.

She is inspired by Eastern European Folklore, world history, theatre, poetry and different cultures.

Her materials of choice are watercolours and gouache. I love the transparancy of her work ...

 Her new series of paintings are inspired by yoga, spirituality and her travels to India

She believes that colour plays an essential role in conveying feelings and emotions

 and also that art should make people happy by somehow touching their souls and enlightening and rejuvenating their lives. Exactly my idea ... :-)


If you want to see more of this wonderful artist, you can visit
her blog
her website
and her Etsyshop

 Thanks so much for visiting! I'll be back on Friday with my (hopefully finished) painting! ♥ ♥ ♥

7 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing-I love her artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She makes very colourful art. Thanks for sharing!!
    xxx Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. when your blog first opened at first glimpse i thought it was your art. I can see why you like her art, it is beautiful, rich and a delight to take in all the details. thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful and inspiring work! Thankyou so much Denise for sharing this. I'll follow up those links now for some more eye candy! ;)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent introduction and I do see how she inspires your work!! Wonderful... thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting work. I love anything with color :) I can see where you get the inspiration from.

    http://saundersartistblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Denise, very colourful artwork and i love colour!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !