Friday 8 May 2015

Busy busy busy ....

... but not much to show for it ;-) I've been filling in the white background in my big painting, so it's still looking more or less the same. Can't wait to start working on the figures. I am preparing a new background for the same kind of painting, but instead of white I plan on using Payne's Gray. And I've also been putting more layers on my intuitive painting canvas. But like I said: there's not much to show right now ....

I have been making new ACEO's too, but only one's finished. I make the drawings while I'm sitting with my daughter on her bed at night before she goes to sleep. It has taken a while before we took up this habit again, but we both really enjoy it, even if there's only 10 minutes left before she goes to sleep.

This one was made with coloured pencils, markers and acrylics. It's available here.

Today I want to share art from some students in my Soulfood class. Didn't manage to reach everyone, but I got some to share already:


Lloydene calls these her "quirky collage girls". I love it everytime she comes up with yet another creation. You can see more of her wonderful art on her Facebookpage.


Joyce made 2 versions of the same girl, and I love both of them. Can't pick a favorite! You can find more of her beautiful art on her blog.


Amazing faces by Jackie Beeman. Also really love her colourful backgrounds.



And some more by Lloydene.

I really enjoy seeing what my students create. Makes me want to make more workshops, only to see what they will come up with :-)

There's another promotion in my Society6-shop (free worldwide shipping), so I decided to add some more art. Here are some examples:

 iphone skin
 stationary card
 totebag
 framed art print

I am late this week, but I'm linking this to Paint Party Friday anyway. Thanks so much for visiting! I'm wishing you a wonderful weekend with lots of warmth ♥ ♥ ♥

Funny of the week:

lol :-D

See you next week!


26 comments:

  1. Fantastic artwork, it's very inspiring.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your aceo, what a lovely blue background!
    also fun to see the other paintins for Soulfood. I haven't come that far yet to have exercised much. But ther will be a time. And it's good to knoeknow we can download them :)
    Lovely things in you shop! So fun to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful works of creativity Denthe. Your colors always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some very talented students! I'm looking forward to seeing your intuitive canvas with the addition of grey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise what a fun post....I so enjoyed visiting these talented artist! You are such an inspiration...and so are they after taking your class! Love everything here...the phone skin is amazing too!!
    Thanks for always sharing such rich content!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seeing your work is always inspiring. Your art is beautiful. And showing the students work is a special treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous - I'm always amazed at how much detail you can get in such a small piece. What a nice way to finish up each day - making memories drawing with your daughter - how long have you been doing that now? I know she will never forget this time spent with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I don't even remember when we started doing this. I used to draw in her room at night while she was falling asleep, because she didn't like to be alone then. And since she's been 9 or so (she's 12 now) we've been sitting on her bed together, me drawing and she reading or doing something creative too. Precious time and precious memories, we both love it ...

      Delete
  8. It's really interesting to see your style of art interpreted by other artists. You must be really proud of your class in soulfood,there's some lovely work there. I love the phone cover- your art works so well printed onto all these different things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh the students work is wonderful! Signs of a great teacher!! I have yet to finish- but will share when I do,Denise!!
    Enjoy those precious minutes with your daughter, they grow sooo fast! Happy Mother's Day to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great art from you and your students this week!!! Love the cat photo you shared too ...so funny and so cat like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your usual gorgeous art projects!! I love seeing what your class has inspired-what a great class it must have been-these student samples are fantastic! If I had an iphone your skin would be the one I'd have to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful artwork full of inspiration, thank you for sharing. Tracy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. you do sound busy
    your ACEO made me laugh, nothing is ever easy, best to just accept that and get on with life.

    fun to see what your students are making, you must be a wonderful teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved your lesson in soulfood! And it looks to me like you got a lot done this week! I do a lot of art sitting near my son as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great blog post Denise, thanks so much for featuring my art from your soulfood class

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous work by your students! Love your portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow I love your face, thanks so much for linking up to the Art It Friday - Show Your Face community share. Your students' work is amazing too, what a fab class that must be! Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous - I am in love with the blue/green one --wow!
    Love your work. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Met jou als lerares kun je mooie dingen leren, mooi wat je hier laat zien
    Ook mooi dat je oude gewoonte met je dochter weer hebt op gepakt
    heel bijzonder,!!
    Wens je een mooie dag met veel zon!
    liefs een groetjes Christiene.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the art, but the cell phone and tote bag are delicious. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  21. What amazing work your students did! That phone cover looks so fantastic, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many fabulous faces to whet the apatite for drawing and doodling. Glad i came to visit and thank you for some wonderful inspiration :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a feast of wonderful faces! I love how quirky and colourful your work is and that of your students is fantastic too! This post just resounds with inspiration and creativity! Wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !