Thursday 28 May 2015

playing with paint

This week I did a bit of everything, but don't have much to show for it. I finished small details on my painting and gave it a few coats of varnish, I made some ACEO's and I have been playing with my 2 new canvases, putting layer upon layer of bright colours.

Here are the ACEO's:


 And the 2 canvases:


The first one is for an intuitive painting, but it's so long ago I made one that I really have to practice again to see figures. At the moment I don't see anything, so I might have to make quite a few more layers. The second one is for a "negative" painting like the one I finished last week. I love working on more than one painting at the same time. When I'm stuck with one I can just continue with the other one.

And, in case you don't know it yet, next week one of my favorite challenges will start: The Summer of Color! I have been participating for the last three years and I love it. It makes me use colours that I normally wouldn't use and sometimes it really surprises me how I like certain colourcombinations. If you want to join in the fun, here's the link to Kristin's blog. Hope to see you there!

That's it for this week. I'm linking this to Paint Party Friday (bloghop for all kinds of art that was created this week) and to Art It Friday - Show your face (bloghop for any kind of face that you made this week). Lots of eye-candy at both places!

I'll finish with my funny of the week ;-)

lol :-D

Thanks for visiting here! I love reading your comments and visiting your blogs too. Wishing  you a wonderful day and a great weekend with lots of favorite things to do! ♥ ♥ ♥

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, happy PPF, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to see where those canvases end up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your progress on those amazing canvasses of yours and like you I like to work on a few bits at the same time. I can't wait for SOC - it's my favourite challenge and the only one I usually take part in - I'm looking forward to seeing what it's about this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't wait to see what your canvases look like! I really liked the second ACEO, it has a very thought provoking sentiment is just generally very cute :-P I also can not wait for summer of colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ACEO's I especially love the first one. I'm pretty sure your canvases will end up stunningly well, as usual. Good luck on doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your paintings,no matter what stage are always gorgeous Denise! I love watching you create as well!!
    I have not had a chance to finish my class with you yet,as life happened! I am off for vaca and going to try and work my way through all the videos(yours)!
    Have a lovely week my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your aceo's are awesome as always. I'm looking forward to SOC as well. See you there. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your canvases so far! oh, and thanks for the reminder about SOC. I love that challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your canvases are gorgeous. And I think I see eyes in the top one. I'm sure the figures will appear to you again. Thanks for the reminder about the Summer of Color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm amazed at the wonderful detail you get on such a small substrate-beautiful ACEOs! Loving your colorful canvases too. Looking forward to seeing you also at the Summer of Color Challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your backgrounds working, working. xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I look forward to your funnies every week... and those aceos are wonderful... it feels like you can turn your hand to anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love visiting! I see some images in your work...I guess it's a state of mind... Love the girls you always do...great quotes!! Great funny too... so true whether you have a dog or cat!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE all the amazing details you can can fit on an ACEO! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhhh, I just got to see your negative space painting from last week- stunning and striking! Can't wait to see how these 2 new paintings develop... And pls do not stop the funnies!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all your little faces ♥! And the WIPS are always intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like those canvases, trying myself so hard to work towards intuitive and abstract creation. Such beautiful color worlds!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the canvas-paintings, so colorful! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute little ACEOs and i see the head of a little bird in the top left of your first canvas ! I think i may take part i the summer of colour too! thanks for sharing Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Denise,je hebt het mooi in woord en beeld gebracht,de gezichtjes zijn weer zo mooi!!
    aan verschillende doeken te werken ,heeft een voordeel zo kun altijd vooruit.
    En wat je ook maakt is wel zo mooi!!!
    leuke kat ze wil gezien worden......lief.
    groetjes Christiene.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the girly with the long flowing hair. I have weeks like this, too. Not much to show, but worked hard anyway. I guess that's all that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your faces and the canvases are beautiful too. I think your work is really fresh and different, Denthe. I so like having discovered your blog through Kim's 'Show Your Face'. xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So lovely. What a creative artist you are! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for your visit. I love your intuitive paintings. Flora Bowley's book looks good. I can't wait to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your ACEOs are lovely, and I love the two canvases that you started. I'm looking forward to Summer of Color too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The gals are so cute and their sayings excellent. The 2 canvases are amazing, I've not ever tried something like that. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  27. new beginnings
    full of possibility

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow! Gorgeous! Wonderful work, it is great getting my weekly fill of your lovely work for inspiration. Thank you for linking up to Show Your Face this week and for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !