Friday 1 May 2015

April ... where did you go ?

Another Friday, another month, we're almost halfway the year! Can't believe it. Except for the warmer weather, I don't like it at all that time moves so incredibly fast. I cannot remember that it was like this when I was younger... :-{

Meanwhile, I'm working on several things at the same time. Still painting away with white:


I have almost finished the first layer and added a second layer in some places already. It takes at least 3 layers to completely cover the background. For my next painting in this style I will try another colour instead of white.

Put some more layers on my canvas  for my new intuitive painting. I'm still not seeing any figures emerge, so I keep layering until I do :-)


And I made some more ACEO's. This first one is again mixed media with collage:


But then I also felt like painting one:


Takes some getting used to this small size, but it was fun. I'm a bit done with collage for the moment, it's weird, with me everything always goes in phases: I have my sketching phase, my intuitive painting phase, my collage phase, my journalphase, my markersphase, my coloured pencil phase and so many more ....  Guess I'm in the painting phase right now ... ;-)

And today was the last day to subscribe for Soulfood! It's finished already! Another example of time going too fast. It's good that I have till the end of the year to watch all the video's, since I only saw a few of them yet. The classes are as diverse and creative as their different teachers. It felt wonderful to be part of such a talented and generous group of people. And it was so exciting to see the work my students did after watching my video's. I was a bit late in asking their permission to post it on my blog, but I hope I can show you some examples next week. To start with: this is the page I made as an example for my class in Soulfood:


Well, that's it for this week. Linking this to Paint Party Friday, as always my favorite bloghop. Hope you take a look over there at all the work the artists have done this week! You won't regret it!

Here's my funny for this week:
 hahaha! Overambitious cat ...

Thanks for visiting me here, I hope your day started out well, and I wish you a beautiful and loving weekend! See you next week ♥ ♥ ♥


33 comments:

  1. Impressive beautiful work...and I see images in your painted background if you turn it the other way!! Yes the older you get the more time flies!! I think if you are doing what you love time disappears before you know it! Doing art puts you in a time trance!! Have a great weekend!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, love seeing the progress. Time goes faster and faster as we get older! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you about how fast this year is going - it's scary how time is flying by so quickly. I love how your painting with the white is coming along - you must have to concentrate a lot to paint the negatives like that to ensure you keep the shapes you want in the colour. it always amazes me how you just layer your canvas until the subject matter jumps out at you - I keep meaning to try that someday but so far I always know (roughly) what I'm going to be painting before I start even if it sometimes turns out different than the picture in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah I love your ladies :-) I agree with you, time does move far too quickly, I have so many things I want to do but time is slipping away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent colors, they make my day!

    Oh yes, time flies and I'm beginning to wonder if I should grow myself a pair of wings to hang on with this flight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, that cat gave me a good laugh:-) zlove what you are doing with the white paint. Your new canvas intrigues me... I always get my color-fix here:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i always love your intuitive paintings. those are my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green girl! Wish I could get away with a do like that! heehee
    Time does move too fast and it took us all these years to realize it! ") Happy May Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. The figures will come, I am sure, but I love your triple face piece for Soul food. You really know how to make a face with a lot of emotion. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whatever phase you are in your art is always wonderful. I am liking your work with the white overcoat. And I like it when the white still shows some of the underpainting through it. I have different phases too. Maybe many of us do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work. Isn't that the way with intuitive painting. I have one I have been working on for some time. The other day there was a pair of lips I hadn't seen. Now I am so excited to see the figure that is emerging. I think its all about patience.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. you started me with a smile, that delightful spring palette and ended with me with a good laugh at that ambitious cat' A lovely PPF to you

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always love your artwork Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your figures just pop out of the canvas. Very nice work.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous faces Xo) And I love SouldFood too, it's been amazing! HUgs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such amazing pieces! Love them all!
    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It always intrigues me how you start with colour and then layer white. It creates such impact.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am in love with your Soul Food contribution-gorgeous and well meaning piece! Such intricate work on your ATCs too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me too, I looked up and April was gone. Be glad when our old house is on the market and I can get on with the new. Love the way your white is progressing. Your colors are always a fave. xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have phases (or moods) too - I think that makes all things new again! Your work is always interesting and exciting. I love that sample painting you made for Soulfood. And I am also surprised at April's disappearance - seems like it just got here LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous ladies! love how diverse they look but still your style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful paintings! I can relate to the going through phases. thing that you mentioned, I'm in a mixed media phase right now and I've no idea how long it'll last. It's weird when I try to imagine I was deep into watercolour just a few months ago!
    Have a great weekend Denise! :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's remarkable how your images come out of your original paintings, I love the way you make everything flow.
    Thanks for the laugh with the cat.
    As for Time - I have long ago decided that there isn't any so have decided to ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all your phases but I am quite partial to the painting phases!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an amazing post, Denise :) I know what your mean with "phases", haha...I am into journaling right now ;) AND I can´t wait to dive into your Soulfood Lesson! Looks sooo awesome and makes me excited! I have sooo much things going on right now...no time yet ;) ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Denise... has been a while but it does feel good to be blog traveling again... I'm with you.... time seems to be flying way too fast... congrats on being published in Dawn's book of art journal pages... can't wait to receive my copy.... and lovely to catch up on your gorgeous artwork X

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't believe that we're already in May either. It seems to get worse every year. I remember when school free Wednesday afternoon seemed like half an eternity as a child.
    Love your painting with the white layer, it reminds me of a paper cut story.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ha Denise, te tijd gaat snel gebruik hem wel, is een gezegde
    nog even en we zitten al weer op de helft............
    En als je fijn bezig bent vliegt tijd ook zo voorbij
    met plezier mee gekeken en gelezen.
    liefs groetjes Christiene.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love all your painting work here - and the words!
    Time going fast? Oh yeah, guess if it does!! Time did not go that fast when we were younger. that is weird, I think. and I don't know how to solve it either.. :/
    I managed to a part of Soulfood in the very end :)) but it takes time to see all the lovely clips. I have watched your video, and it was SO fun to see and hear you! It can take time to start, but I love watching so far, sooo exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I managed to be a part of.... it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your happy play with colors and freedom of movement here!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Too funny . , . everything looks a lot smaller from the porch. The words are so meaningful. I love the colors, the faces and the expressions. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great colors and awesome projects.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing your thoughts about my work. Because I am getting too many spammer comments, l have to use Captcha, sorry. Hope this is not a problem for you !